Monday, May 24, 2010

Verizon FTL

When I left for my trip, the OTA rollout of Android 2.1 hit my phone.  Took pretty much the entire drive to the airport was spent downloading the update.  I got my coffee and sat down to install it.  First attempt failed, had to delete some apps to make room in the on-board memory; that was OK, I needed to trash some stuff I triend and never used.  Second attempt worked, but I immediately started getting "Android.pprocess.media has unexpectedly quit" eror messages.  When I got to y friend's house I went online and found that this was a known issue and the solution was to reformat the SD card.  Hooked the phone up to her Mac (yes, I converted her), copied everything over, formatted the card and copied everthing back.  Sweet!  It works again.
 
Then the other fun started.  Now at random times all sound fromt he phone will stop.  The way I usually find it is when I call someone and they can't hear me and I can't hear them.  The only solution has been to power off and back on.  Last night I hard-reset the phone, so I'm appless today.  I'll see if it happens again, if it does I'm off to the Verizon store for a replacement.  If it doesn't happen today I'll start reinstalling apps and see what happens.

No comments: