Thursday, April 7, 2011

Getting ready for a trip

Mrs Bristol and I are going to visit AZ next weekend for a friend's wedding. I enjoy travel alone; with wife, not so much.

I'm one of those people who arrive at the airport 3 hours before my flight, get through security, grab a coffee and newspaper and relax until it's time to board. She, on the other hand, leaves home with just enough time to get to the airport and rush to the gate as they are boarding; it doesn't help that she needs a wheelchair for the long treks. We pack differently, I have a carry on packed two days in advance; she's still throwing too much stuff into a huge suitcase as we're heading out the door.

She's also a nervous flier, where I am the exact opposite. So she's also doped up on antianxiety meds; a little turbulence and she's a basket case. I'm looking forward to being there, but not to getting there.

No comments: