Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Podcasts

I talked about what I'm reading the other day, I thought I'd list the podcasts i subscribe to.  Here goes:
 
Scientific American: 60 Second Science
American Public Media (APM): A Prairie Home Companion's News From Lake Wobegon
APM: The Splendid Table
National Public Media (NPR): Car Talk
NPR: Science Friday
NPR: Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me!
On The Media
PRI's The World: from BBC/PRI/WGBH
Canadian Broadcasting Company (CBC): Quirks & Quarks
Savage Love
This American Life
CBC: Vinyl Cafe
 
I try to listen to some of these shows on the radio but don't always get the chance to, so I get the podcasts to make sure i don't miss them.  Some I can't get here on the roadio, or are podcast only (Savage Love could never be broadcast on the US airwaves.)  Ususally I listen to these while I'm working at my desk, if I'm out in the field I can't, so they pile up.  But I always get the backlog down to nothing every couple of weeks.  My two favorites have to be Vinyl Cafe and Savage Love.

No comments: