Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Why can't people just ATFQ?

(That's Answer The Fucking Question for those who didn't understand.)
 
I just finished a long, frustrating conversation with another city employee trying to get a straight answer to a simple question.  In my job I have to put restrictions on what people want to discharge to our system.  We have a major new building that needs to flush out their chilled water system and all I need is what maximum flow rate to give them.  This is about the fourth discussion I've had with him about this project; it's in an area that has some real capacity issues that won't be fixed until about 6 months from now.  Three times during this discussin with one of the city engineers I asked, "What maximum flow rate?"  And three times I didn't get a numerical answer.  Finally, when I suggested a number (x) he said, "Rather than that, give them x+100 GPM because that's what we promised them for normal operations."  Why the Fuck didn't you tell me that in a previous discussion?  Or one of the three times I asked during THIS conversation?
 
Urge to kill!

No comments: