Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thermal injury

I was cooking dinner last evening and as I was taking the meatloaf out of the oven the loaf pan (which was on a cookie sheet to keep the oven clean) started to slide.  Of course my automatic reaction was to grab at it with my left hand.  It turned out to be HOT!  Imagine that...  I now have burns on two fingers of my left hand, no blistering, but still bad first-degree and a pretty good one on the back of my right index finger.  Still not sure how that one got there.  I ended up throwing the meatloaf and cookie sheet down on top of the stove; didn't lose anything but some juice.  Said bad words and immediately stuck both hands under cold, running water for as long as I could stand it.  Later copious application of Lidocaine/Prilocaine ointment took care of the worst of the pain.  Still hurts this afternoon, but I can function.
 
Yes, the meatloaf was juicy and tasty!  Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots tonight!  Happy St Patrick's Day to everyone.

No comments: